Tuesday, October 03, 2006

yes, Yes, YES!!!!

OK, so now you know that marital sex is a blessing. Next, we learn that it's not only a blessing, it's a requirement.

1 Corinthians 7:3-5

3The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4The wife's body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband's body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife. 5Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.


Let's tackle verses 3 and 4 first. Sex should be given when desired by either partner. Give your body gladly to your spouse. Your body belongs to him. You cannot tell your husband "no" in bed, unless you BOTH agree to take a break for prayer.

The last part of verse 5 shouldn't be ignored. If your husband's needs are met, he is less likely to look elsewhere to fulfill his desires. The same is true of yourself. If you are busy keeping your husband 100% satisfied, you shouldn't have the time (or energy!) to cheat.

Paul knew that few people had the self control to live a life without sex (which he would have assumed to mean a single life). One of the PURPOSES of marriage is to allow us to vent our sexual desires in a godly way. In a culture that encourages pre-marital sex, I think this point is lost. Marriage, in part, exists as means to vent our sexual desires! For those of us who had sex before marriage, we tend to forget that sex is a PURPOSE of marriage.


Hebrews 13:4

Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God
will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.

When I imagine pure sex, I envision myself in a sexy white robe, only to be seen and loved by my husband. I imagine God smiling at the union between my husband and myself. I also enjoy a vision of my husband planting a seed deep within me. That is my favorite because no other man is allowed in this special place. My "garden" should be an inviting home to my husband's "fountain". Sex should be like coming home. There should be a softness and calmness about sex, even if this is only experienced after the act is completed.

Let your inhibitions go. Let me tell you, pure sex is the best sex I have ever had.


Song of Solomon 7:6-8

6 How beautiful you are and how pleasing, O love, with your delights!
7 Your stature is like that of the palm, and your breasts like clusters of fruit.
8 I said, "I will climb the palm tree; I will take hold of its fruit." May your breasts be like the clusters of the vine, the fragrance of your breath like apples,


What a beautiful love letter. You are a delight to your husband. To be desired by your husband is such a wonderful thing.

Yet another set of lies exposed: you do not have the "right" to tell your spouse "no" in bed, and "dirty" sex is NOT more exciting.

If you have a headache, take some Tylenol or Ibuprophen. If your husband wants sex - say yes, Yes, YES!!!!

No comments: